I. Call to Order and First Nations Land Acknowledgement– Call to order byTaryn Stokes
II. Roll call: Cam Stokes, Taryn Stokes, Lisa Skoreyko, Sara Wick, Jen Newcomen, Maria
Latouf, Melina Cinq mars, Lenora Trenoman, Amanda Hulland
III. Agenda Approval – all approved
IV. Minutes Approval– all approved
DPAC Update- Focus on Budget, PAC 101 and advocacy training have taken place. Up and coming: May 28 & 29 BCCPAC parent education conference
- Bike safety for K-6 May 21
- School planing day– no school for kids- May 31
- Changes on the grounds- Concrete pad on elementary side to replace gravel and concrete picnic tables to be installed on both sides of the school.
- New teacher: Lara Draper moving back to the area to teach 5,6,7 class next year. Heather Bury leaving to teach grade 9 at trafalgar. Best wishes to Heather and many thanks.
- Secondary changes for next year: 4 classrooms instead of five. Grades 8-11 will be together for some classes like PE, foods and woodworking. Currently there are only 20 students for the secondary side for next year. Matt and Kristy Winger will be the primary teachers on the secondary side with potential support from another teacher.
- Graduation: 5 graduating students this year. Currently working on planning for celebration.
Hot Lunch Report
Some grant money was utilized to get new kitchen equipment. Thanks Cam for working to obtain this grant money.
Average of 41.5 kids eating per day
$300 donation from Lion’s club
Potential idea to cook some extra meals for seniors to assist them and bring in more income.
Previous Balance General Grant: $11, 261.26, Gaming Grant: $1637.41.
Current Balance General Grant: $13, 022.58, Gaming Grant: $1635.41.
Grocery Gift Cards
In the midst of doing an order. Currently sold just over $3000 in save-on cards and $2100 for the Kootenay coop. Deadline to purchase for this order
One more sale in June before the end of the school year.
VI. New/Other Business
Efforts will be made to contact our grounds crew to request the continued maintenance of the front two beds in the parking lot.
VII. Meeting Adjourned 5:27
VIII. Next meeting June 2, 2021
Minutes by Lisa Skoreyko